My name is Philipp Wicke - I am a researcher at the University College Dublin. Currently, I am pursuing a PhD in Artificial Intelligence in the Creative Language Systems Group under supervision of Prof. T. Veale. My background in Cognitive Science fuels my research interest in Computational Creativity, Embodied Cognition and Artificial Intelligence. My current projects are Embodied Storytelling and Concept Understanding using Emoji.
I am a member of the Initiative AI for People, which promotes the idea of shaping Artificial Intelligent technology around human and societal needs.
Feel free to contact me: philipp [dot] wicke [@] ucdconnect [dot] ie
- 2020 - September | EAI Goodtechs 2020, European Alliance for Innovation, International Conference on Smart Objects and Technologies for Social Good, Antwerp (BE). Program Committee Member.
- 2020 - TBA | AISB20 - Symposium on Computational Creativity. "Walk the Line: Digital Storytelling as Embodied Spatial Performance". Extended Abstract.
- 2020 - September| ICCC20 - International Conference on Computational Creativity, Coimbra (PRT). Paper.
- 2020 - August | 1st AI for People Workshop. "A hands-on Exercise in Natural Language Processing". Speaker & Organizer.
- 2020 - May | "Emoji-based semantic representations for abstract and concrete concepts" Cognitive Processing, Springer. Paper.
- 2020 - March | Coding Class. Free Online Coding Class for Beginner. Lecturer.
- 2020 - January | Hacking the Computable HDMK Suttgart (GER), Deutsche Gesellschaft für Ästhetik. Speaker.
- 2019 - December | The Power of Metaphor Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (NL). Guest Lecture.
- 2019 - October | Computational Cognition Workshop, Osnabrück (GER). Poster.
- 2019 - July | HumTec Workshop "Embodied A.I. / Exbodied Mind", HumTec RWTH Aachen (GER). Speaker.
- 2019 - June | ICCC19 International Conference on Computational Creativity, Charlotte, North Carolina (USA). Poster.
- 2019 - June | ISSAI Interdisciplinary Summer School on Artificial Intelligence, Vila Nova de Cerveira (PRT). Attendance.
- 2019 - April| Dagstuhl Seminar "Computational Creativity Meets Digital Literary Studies" (19172), Schloss Dagstuhl (GER). Speaker.
- 2019 - March | Conference on Creative Multilingualism: The Creative Power of Metaphor, Oxford (UK). Attendance.
- 2019 - March | IK19 Interdisciplinary College, Guenne (GER). "Out Of Your Senses. From Data To Insight". Attendance.
- 2018 - TriCoLore18. 4th Image Schema Day, Bozen (IT). "Wheels Within Wheels: A Causal Treatment of Image Schemas in An Embodied Storytelling System" P.Wicke and T.Veale. Speaker.
- 2018 - Good AIfternoon Colloquium, Radboud University Nijmegen (NL). Introduction to Computational Creativity. Invited Speaker.
- 2018 - ICCC18 International Conference on Computational Creativity, Salamanca (ES). "Interview with the Robot: Question-Guided Collaboration in a Story-telling System" P.Wicke and T.Veale. Speaker.
- 2018 - March | IK18 Interdisciplinary College, Guenne (GER). "Me, Myself and I". 3rd Best Poster Award. Poster presenter.
- 2018 - AISB18 Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Simulated Behavior, Liverpool (UK). Paper presentation "Storytelling by a Show of Hands: A framework for interactive embodied storytelling in robotic agents" P.Wicke and T. Veale. Speaker.
- 2017 - Outreach Talk, UCD School of Computer Science Opening Evening, Dublin (IRL). Speaker.
- 2017 - March | IK17 Interdisciplinary College, Guenne (GER). "Creativity and Intelligence in Brains and Machines". Attendance.
- 2017 - High-Concepts, Low-Downs. Workshop on Computational Creativity, UCD Dublin (IRL). Speaker.
- 2017 - Bachelor of Science, Cognitive Science (GPA 1.1 with distinction) - University Osnabrueck (GER). Ideograms as Semantic Primes: Emoji in Computational Linguistic Creativity. Graduate.
- 2016 - September | NTU EEE-NVIDIA Deep Learning Day workshop Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Participation.
- 2016 - RISE Scholarship 2016, DAAD. Awardee.
- 2016 - Internship - Prediction of optimal brain surgery in epileptic patients, Dauwels Lab, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Intern.
- 2016 - ERASMUS+ Scholarship 2016. Awardee.
- 2016 - Internship - Computational Creativity, The Creative Language System Group, University College Dublin, Ireland. Intern.
- 2016 - March | IK16 Interdisciplinary College, Guenne (GER). "Transitions and Transformations in Cognition, Biology and Interactive Systems". Attendance.
- 2016 - April | 2nd PROSECCO Code Camp on Computational Creativity, Antwerp Belgium (bestofbotworlds.com). Participation.
- 2015 | Oxford's Summerfield lab (Dept. of Experimental Psychology), Brown’s lab (Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences), Vogels' lab (Centre for Neural Circuits and Behaviour). Visit.
- 2015 | Cognium Macaque Laboratory Bremen. Introduction to neuroscientific work on primates by Prof. Michael Koch from Brain Research Institute, Department of Neuropharmacology. Visit.
- 2015 - Sept. | GAP.9 Ninth International Conference of the German Society for Analytic Philosophy. Assistance.